Some plants may require protection from this cold snap. Now is a good time to protect your tender plants from the cold. Here are some quick tips.
- Add a layer of mulch to protect roots of tender plants
- Move plants in containers to protected locations
- Shelter tender plants from cold, desiccating winds
- Water evergreen shrubs that do not receive sufficient rainfall
- Be prepared to knock heavy snow off the branches of evergreen shrubs and trees
- Protect primroses, cyclamen & potted bulbs from sub-zero temperatures
Read GARDENWORKS’ full blog post below on how to protect your garden from winter chills.