Salt Spring Island Garden Club Regrowth Bursary
The Salt Spring Island Garden Club believes in assisting candidates to better themselves through continuing their education in a horticultural field.
An award of up to $3,000.00 shall be made to a person returning to school for post-secondary studies or training leading toward credentials recognized by a profession or trade. This award will be given out every two years, but if no applicant is considered eligible and/or suitable in any given year, then no award shall be made for that period.
The following criteria are to be used in the selection of a person returning to school:
- Applicants shall provide the following with their application: a personal statement which includes their educational goals and plans, a resumé including educational history current occupation, two signed letters of reference, and proof of acceptance from an accredited educational institution.
- Applicants must be a resident of Salt Spring Island.
- Financial need will be considered as a criteria.
- Applicants must have been out of secondary school for at least one year, excepting that the applicant may currently be in the process of completing her/hissecondary education after having been out of school for at least a year.
- Applicants must be accepted by an accredited institution. (e.g. community college, vocational institute, university, etc.)
- The availability of the bursary will be advertised through local media.
- Applications are to be directed to the Salt Spring Island Garden Club executive.
- The deadline for applications will be March 31 of that year.
- Applications must be mailed in or hand delivered. (no email submissions)
- Funds will be paid to the recipient upon written confirmation of her/his registrationin the accredited institution. (confirmation to come from the institution)
- Once an award has been determined, the recipient must be in a position to claimthat award by the end of the calendar year in which the award is made.