Garden Club Picnic
The Garden Club picnic is on Sunday July 14, from 1 – 4 p.m.
431 Sky Valley Road
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the venue for the Club picnic has been changed. Pat Spiers, a Life Member of the Garden Club, has graciously offered her garden for the picnic. This is a homecoming for the picnic, as she has hosted many of these in the past. Her address is shown above.
- Access only from Cusheon Lake Road
- Turn onto to Lord Mike’s Road
- Continue to top of hill
- Turn right onto Sky Valley Road
Please park along the road. There is very little space for parking on Pat’s property, and the limited space has been reserved for the band.
There will be tent canopies to shade from any possible heat-wave (please no!) or shelter from the rain (yes please?)
- Your own picnic, plates, cutlery, drinking glass.
- Also a dessert to share with everyone at the pot-luck table – finger food please!
- Your own garden chair. If you do not have one please indicate this on the clip board that will be passed around at the June club meeting and we will help to supply.
We will provide tea, coffee and cold water.
Music. The ever popular ‘Reeds and Wires’ will once again perform for us.
Activities. There will be a couple of games, croquet, fancy hat competition and a “gate” prize. Please wear a hat and decorate it for the hat competition!
There will also be a wine and beer competition, so bring your home brew or “U Brew”. Sample and vote for your favourites!
This is a Garden Club member picnic but spouses, significant others or house guests are welcome. We have many new members and we hope you will mingle and share the joys (and challenges) of gardening on Salt Spring Island!
Also, If you have a beach umbrella or a spare tent please contact Diana as above.
See you there!
Julie Mills, Diana Symons.